Tuesday, June 25, 2013

OLD SHANGHAI STYLE


OUTFIT: CK DRESS/ASOS HEELS/VINTAGE HAT AND GLOVES
Old Shanghai style has been something I always wanted to try, but never found the right outfit or mood to do so. Then the other day I was again sorting out my wardrobe and found these pieces could very much be put into one outfit and create the Old Shanghai style. I'd say you will see very few Chinese girls nowadays dress this way, what they love or love to follow are Korean and Japanese style( meaning petite and cute and lace etc.) or US or Europe style( meaning black, white and grey etc.), which could be boring if you repeatedly wear like that. So I want to try something else, this cute beige hat brings out the antique Shanghai party time feel when what everyone did was just dancing and partying and enjoying themselves, as has been shown in some popular Chinese series, pretty much like the 1920s of Parisian artistic community( yup I'm a big fan of Midnight in Paris and Woody Allen the Genius), also the gloves, which was a gift from my mum, helps to deliver the vintage vibe. Truth be told, this could look like Betty Draper of Mad Men if I add a cat eye white sunnies from the 60s, but I haven't got any white sunnies, so here I am. Do you like this outfit?




No comments:

Post a Comment